15/02/2016

VINTAGE LOVERS!!!!!







WASSUP WASSSUP!!!!... Have we all recovered from Valentine fever?... Did you get anything fancy and (lol) have you harassed social media with it yet?... *chai! it was battle of the gifts this weekend... lol (from the comfort of my phone screen)* Well, I went for my church's singles and married valentines love ball.. We have one pretty much every year and I'll do a post on the event's highlights later in the week and my fine outfit (*lol* looking fly for Jesus, since he's my current bae). Maybe I'll do a throwback to two years ago and yesterday. Anyways!!! Are you in Wales? not particularly sure what to do this weekend or next?  Do you adore vintage clothing? Lol... then continue reading...


Soooo... We know that I LOOOOOVE Vintage and old timey pieces... so here's the stitch, there are a few upcominhg events that have caught my eye and I decided to share them with everyone. As of right now I'm going alone, but I intend to try and convince a friend or two to tag along and then, we'll probably just hang out after the events... Here they are...



CARDIFF VINTAGE KILO SALE by Blue Honey & VWS
This' Cardiff's first vintage clothing kilo sale, so essentially there'll be thousands of vintage clothing and accessories. Everything from leather to fur to denim to cotton to silk, shirts, shoes, belts, jewelry and dresses from all eras, brand names etc. Just grab a bag on entry, fill it as you browse, when you're done bring it checkout and pay 15pounds per kilo (I have a sister or two who ABSOLUTELY adore vintage items so girlies I will be picking items for you too). The event is this Sunday from 11am- 5pm, entry fee- 2 pound... Check their facebook page(here) and the events page (here) for more details



LOU LOU'S VINTAGE FAIR
They are much bigger than being a WELSH thing and have definitely been to a city near you. They've been consistent winners of  BEST VINTAGE FAIR IN THE UK  since the year 2013. Since I am in Swansea, I will give the details of Swansea's event but you can check their page for your nearest city here. It'll be at Brangwyn Hall (the building where exams and graduation ceremonies take place), with tonnes of stalls of vintage fashion from the 1940s-1990s, vintage homeware, a wonderful vintage tea party and a vintage beauty salon! This event goes beyond just vintage clothes and has a wider range of stuff , so DON'T miss out on some vintage sale bargains! It will be happening on the 28th of February 2016, from 10am - 4pm and entry will also be 2 GBP. They are also in need of PAID Promotional Staff for the Swansea Vintage Fair on Sunday February 28th! Hours are 10am - 3.30pm. If you'd like to be involved please email them georgia@thevintagefair.com stating "SWANSEA" in the subject line.


DISCOVERY'S SPRING INTO SPRING FASHION SHOW
This event is organised by Swansea University's Discovery Office and the School of Management. It promises to be an evening of Fun, Fizz and Fashion with fashion from The Dressing Room. The themes will include: 
  • Vintage 
  • Work Wear
  • Ladies "who" lunch
  • Spring Break
  • Date Night and Gala Dinner
There will be refreshments and raffle, compere will be  Mal Pope (BBC Radio Wales Host). It is a Fundraising Fashion Show for Discovery (registered Charity 256146 view them here). The Dressing Room will also be involved, check them out hereTickets are available from 

Eventbrite: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/spring-into-spring-fashion-show-tickets-21205095010as well as from the Discovery office and the School of Management. The event will take place on teh 3rd of March 2016, at THE ATRIUM, School of Management, Bay Campus, Swansea University. From 7:30pm - 10pm. Tickets are 8 GBP for students and 10 GBP for adults. For more info visit Discovery's facebook pageor email Discovery@swansea.ac.uk.

Yeah! that's my line up of events for the next couple weeks... I'll be sure to share a couple of the items I purchase with you guys and I might even wear a purchased piece from the earlier events to the last event (Trust that I will be in Full on vintage pin up and Shalewa *my hair* just might make an appearance). If you are in the Swansea/ Wales region feel free to pop by any of these events and holler if you see me. *BIG GRIN*


1 comment: