01/08/2015

IJGB!!!! (Series 1)


Hiyaaaaaa!!!! So, this just an update on me and what not. I've been away from my regular lungu (Swansea), because uni's on break... Was meant to go to China for the month of July but the travel gods weren't really in my favour so I ended up in Lagos (my HOME)... and am an IJGB!!!!...


If you're not familiar with Lagos lingo and Nigerianisn, IJGB is a slang phrase for everyone of Nigerian descent who for what ever reason is in the "abroads" and has come home on holiday or visiting, as you normally get asked by an uncle or aunt (because everyone older than you is an uncle/aubt)... "Ah!.. You're back?... When did you get back?...  To which you reply... Ah Aunty I Just Got Back (even if you've been back already for a month)... Hence IJGB(it might be an insult or tease. It is used here for comical purposes) In the first week of IJGB, I was in Ibadan to see my little cousin who's in ISI... I cannot explain how ecstatic I was... Firstly to see my baby girl... IN JSS1... bonding time with my aunt and cousins and then to see Ibadan again (I just might retire there)...


 I'm a foodie and "Abula", Amala (yam flour) gbegiri (beans stew) and ewedu (jute leaves... I think) will forever be my go to food, so you can imagine how happy I was to be in the origin of Abula... It would've been disastrous to go Ib and not eat Abula...



 Here's all of us in the car... I'm the eldest and there's my cousin Dara (it's funny how we didn't even take a picture with the Jss1 baby)



Just a couple silly shots with the kiddos 







Got home, on a Sunday and everyone was in church and was locked out the house for a bit (3hours... That'll teach me to leave the house without a key)... Till the next post Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment